A Disneyland Vacation is a dream come true. It’s the place where stories and movies come to life, and where there quite literally adventure at every turn. It’s a child’s paradise! With princess castles, magic train rides, and interactive pirate and Star Wars exhibits. But unfortunately, for many families, this vacation idea never gets past a mere thought. It’s considered a very expensive and costly adventure that just doesn’t fit in the family budget. So, it gets cast aside along with several other future goals and aspirations. Well, we have a surprise for you! There are a few ways to save a couple extra dollars. Here’s how to save money at Disneyland:
Look for Deals at Disneyland Hotels
Hotel accommodations are a large portion of the expense on any vacation. Although most Disneyland resorts are costly, there are plenty of adjacent hotels that offer great prices. Shopping around for prices is a great idea, or you can discuss your hotel options with one of our friendly Disney Travel Agents who specialize in Disney Vacations. They can often find you the best deals as they negotiate perks and prices for their personal customers. Look for free parking, Disney plus discounts, included breakfast, shuttles to and from the park, discounted ticket options, and free nights stays.
Remember, cheap does not mean the best! You will often find quality and savings in the additional perks that are offered.
Save Money on Disneyland Transportation
Transportation to and from Anaheim, home of Disneyland, will most certainly be your biggest expense. You could choose to drive, but anything over a day’s worth of traveling there and back usually isn’t worth it as it cuts into precious vacation time and uses unnecessary work days. Flying usually is your best option and there are many ways to cut costs with airfare. Fun Park Go can help you save money, as traveling to and from Anaheim, Disneyland is one of their specialties:
- Book over 60 days in advance. You can usually get the best deals around this time.
- Avoid paying checked bag fees by packing carry-on sized luggage.
- Check all airports that you can fly into. For Disneyland, the most popular airports nearby are Long Beach, John Wayne, and LAX. Burbank and Ontario are next on the list.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Let’s face it, Disneyland tickets are not cheap. But when you look at what you are getting for your money, they are well worth it. What you pay for the day, are what some theater shows cost per person or what one dinner out may cost at your local family dinner.
There are a few ways to save money on Disneyland tickets:
- The cheapest ticket is a 2-day 1-park per day pass. This is the best option to enjoy both parks, but not the best value
- Avoid park-hopper passes. They add an additional $40 per person per ticket. Stick to the one park per day tickets or passes. For example, if you purchase a one day ticket during peak season, you’re looking at $135. With a 5-day pass, you are paying ½ of that per day.
- If you are planning on buying at least 3 days worth of passes, add a day or two on to your pass. It is only an additional $20 per day, and there are very few option
Remember, 2 and under are free! That means any child under the age of 3 doesn’t pay entrance fees.
Save Money on Disneyland Food
Yes, eating at Disneyland is expensive. But there are definitely ways to save money here! First, make sure your hotel serves breakfast, and eat well. Second, you are allowed to bring snacks and drinks into the park, so load up on water, granola bars, dried fruit, and other easy and light foods to carry around. Third, eat one only meal per day in the park, if you choose the buffet, kids 2 and under are free!
Lunch menus are usually 15-20% cheaper. Consider eating lunch as your one meal per day.
It is not worth it to leave the park and eat somewhere cheaper. It would be a huge chunk of time out of your day and at Disneyland, with so much to do and see, time is of the essence. Plus you’d have to repark, go thru entrance lines, and complete security again. All pretty lengthy in time. If you do leave, stay in Disney Village to avoid the aforementioned.
Save Money on Souvenirs
This is a money maker for the park, so their souvenirs are pretty pricey! Hit your local dollar store before your trip and buy some Disney themed items to pass out the day of your visit. Also, Disney passes out free pins for first-time park goers, birthdays, and other events, as well as a sticker.
Autographs are freely given! You may wait in some long lines, but trust me it’s worth it. The characters usually make each meeting very personal and special, as well as offer free photo opts.
A few of the rides such as the Jungle Cruise and Autopia give away free things along with the interaction like an authentic map and personalized Disneyland driver’s license.
Other Tricks of the Trade to Save Money at Disneyland
Even after all of the above-listed savings, there are still more ways to make your Disneyland vacation more affordable:
- Sam’s Club and Costco sell discounted Disney gift cards that you can use to book your Disneyland vacation. You can book your entire Disney Vacation with Fun Park Go using these discounted cards.
- Buy Disney gift cards at Target, and use your RedCard, saving 5% on the purchase instantly.
- If you forget to bring your bottle of water or don’t want to lug it around, don’t buy bottles. You can get free water at every counter-service restaurant in the park.
- Go off-season! You will save on hotels and airfare, and you will not have to fight the lines or the heat.
Fun Park Go is one of the top rated Disney Travel Affiliate websites. Fun Park Go has done all the searching for you, saving you tons of time and money.
We also can help book Disney Cruises, Disney World and Disney Aulani!
For more inquiries, please feel free to reach out to us via our contact us page and we’ll be happy to assist you with your travel needs.